Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
In this role you will manage your team effectively to ensure you and the team are working together to successfully deliver a world-class customer experience, guaranteeing uninterrupted and secure operation of the facilities. This includes the coordination and management of site logistics, security, general maintenance outside of technical zones, internal and external presentation of the facilities and administration associated with effective workflow management. You will guarantee all customer and business provisioned services are completed to a high standard, as well as handling escalations and adhoc business priorities in a timely manner. The role reports to the Director of Property, Facilities & Services team.
Other responsibilities for this team include:
- Manage Data Centre facilities operation on a daily and on-going basis
- Mentor and impart knowledge to other staff
- Ensure day to day customer use of the facilities is managed
- Ensure day to day interaction with Service Providers and Maintainers is managed
- Manage any risk associated with the Data Centres up- time through its various equipment
- Procurement activities for clients if required
- On boarding’ of clients
- Assisting in the management of maintenance contracts on behalf of CDC including programmed maintenance of all non-critical equipment
- Liaising with Service Providers when required
- Ensuring that CDC obtains necessary Certificates, approvals and other certifications required by an Authority or CDC in relation to the occupancy of the Data centre facilities.
- Contributes to the creation and management of site expense budget
- Deliver the expense budget objectives under the individual’s direct influence.
- Contribute to the broader CDC team financial and operational objectives such that the business achieves the corporate goals set each year as well as the group’s long-term goals.
- 3+ years’ experience in Facilities Management and critical environments requiring 99.99% availability
- Leading teams in the day-to-day operations of the Data Centres.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and presentation of the facilities including coordinating of the logistics
- Leads strategic guidance and direction to drive operational excellence across staff
- Ensures the teams to ensure completion to CDC’s required standards, KPI’s and SLA’s are continually achieved.
- Mentor staff to identify any learning, development or procedural gaps and communicate the recommendations for the overall continuous improvement of the business.
- Leads site teams work safety, with high regard to human error avoidance.
- Management of correct processes and documentation completion at the time of works being undertaken.
- Demonstrated financial experience in administering OPEX budgets
- Leadership and management of physical security staff, covering rostering, reporting, response, and performance.
- Improvements to maintenance contract services to increase efficiency and reduce cost.
- Managing relationships with external vendors & contractors.
- Liaising with internal teams & management groups.
- Ensuring staff and contractors adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centres
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com