Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Assistant Accountant supports the finance team in the financial management, control and operation of CDC Data Centres. The role involves preparation, reconciliation, and analysis of accounting records. The role delivers value through timely provision of accurate and relevant information and analysis, thereby supporting CDC’s decision making. The role prevents value erosion by creating and continually improving a strong control environment and ensuring CDC’s compliance.
Other responsibilities include:
Billings of rentals & recoveries
- Responsible for coordinating with the sales team and Commercial Accountant to process all changes to clients lease administration, in the Yardi Voyager finance system, including flowing these changes through to the monthly billing process.
- Work with the Commercial Accountant to ensure monthly billings for pod rental, NSP and sub leases are complete and accurate
- Ensure the billings control process is run, including sense checking actual rent rolls are consistent with budget expectations and in line with contracts and prior months.
- Automating and running the monthly recovery of electricity
- Assist in the management and billing of Managed Services.
- Assist the sales team with customer on boarding and setting up the customer in Yardi.
Accounts Receivable and Arrears
- Maintain the debtors balance in the General Ledger, post receipts.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable – ensuring all customer invoices are appropriately and completely recorded and that the sub ledger is reconciled to the GL on a monthly basis.
- Reconciling to customer accounts as required with a high level of attention to detail to ensure the ongoing integrity of the underlying accounting data.
- Follow up customer invoicing queries and resolve or provide additional information. Reconcile arrears / trade debtors to the general ledger, monthly statements and resolve variances. Liaise with debtors as required.
- Add new customers to Finance system.
- Working with the business managers to collect outstanding arrears.
Banking and Cash Management
- Reconciling all the group bank accounts on a daily basis and promptly resolving any reconciling items.
Month end, general ledger and accounts payable
- Assist the Financial Accountant in the month end processes by completing relevant reconciliations and analysis for Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Analyse variances and report.
- Ad hoc reporting as required from time to time.
- Demonstrated ability of working in a small-medium team working to clear deadlines
- Highly motivated with a proven record of successful achievement.
- High level of organisational and planning skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes that are accurate, complete, and timely
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working towards full qualification from an internationally recognized Accounting body would be highly regarded
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Interest in technology, systems, and efficient processes.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org